Dr. Avi Ginsberg, our Acupuncture expert on the Hatch Chiropractic and Wellness Team
Things to Know about Doc Avi Ginsberg DAc
Dr. Avi got his start in the healthcare industry 25 years ago as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor; teaching kickboxing, flexibility, and strength training classes in New Paltz, NY. In 1998 Dr. Avi started doing 推拿 tui na and 按摩 an mo, which are traditional systems of medical massage utilizing tendon, muscle, and bone manipulation.
In 1999, he began practicing acupuncture in New York City and started clinical work in large medical facilities in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx. During that time, Dr. Avi initiated his learning of the traditional Chen family Tai Ji (Tai Chi) and Shaolin Gong Fu in the Overseas Shaolin Temple in Queens, NY.
In 2004, Dr. Avi moved overseas; living in China, Taiwan and Australia for 7 years. During that time, he focused on improving his skills in acupuncture, herbal medicine, dietetics, traditional physiotherapy, exercise therapy, tai chi and qi gong. After returning to the U.S. in late 2010, he began working in NYC and the Hudson Valley doing acupuncture again; this time with the addition of teaching Tai Qi and Qi Gong.
Dr. Avi landed in Colorado in 2015 to reconnect with his Colorado family. Dr. Avi specializes in pain management, lung, and digestive disorders, vitality, and longevity. His philosophy is one of teaching self-reliance and not dependency.
He holds his M.S. in Acupuncture Science from the Tri-State College of Acupuncture in New York City and his Doctorate in Acupuncture from the Pacific College of Health and Science in San Diego, CA.
- NCCAOM certified
- Licensed in NY, UT and CO.
- Performed more than 30,000 professional treatments with acupuncture, massage, and other healing modalities used in Chinese medicine; including Ba Guan (cupping), Gua Sha (scraping), Tui Na (Chinese massage), weight loss and dietary therapy, herbal therapy, physical therapy, and exercise therapy.
- Proficient in Chen family Tai Chi, Zhao Bao Hu Ling Tai Chi, traditional Chinese martial arts, and various styles of Qi Gong.
- Proficient in reading and conversing in Mandarin, as well as writing and pronouncing Chinese medical terms.
- Co-wrote a Chinese medical text for physicians while working in Beijing. Taught Chinese and Western medical English at a University in China.
DR. AVI GINSBERG EDUCATION
Tri-State College of Acupuncture B.A. Science, M.A. Acupuncture 2000
SUNY A.A. Social Science 1996
- 2012-2015 Advanced Health and Wellness Red Hook, NY
Serving as the primary Oriental medical practitioner doing acupuncture and massage in a Chiropractic facility.
- 2012-2014 Os Tigris Acupuncture Poughkeepsie/Middletown, NY
Worked as the senior acupuncturist in a multi-disciplinary facility.
- 2010-2012 Sand Dollar Health Brooklyn, NY
Served as the head of Chinese medicine at a major Brooklyn medical clinic.
- 2008-2010 Fu Yuan Tang Clinic Wu Xi Jiang Su Province
Served as a therapist for patients in Chinese massage clinic. Instructed Chinese therapists in Western massage techniques and co-developed a hybrid Chinese/Western therapeutic massage style.
- 2005, 2007-8 Beauty Spring Houston, TX
Worked as an acupuncturist, massage therapist, and exercise therapist for private patients in Houston, TX.
- 2006 Beijing Publishing House Beijing, China
Worked as Editor and co-author for a Chinese medical publishing house.
2004-2005 Jiang Xi Chinese Medical College Nan Chang, Jiang Xi, China
Employed as a teacher for a Chinese medical College; teaching all aspects of Chinese Medical English, Western Medical English and English language to Post-graduate and undergraduate students.
- 2002-2004 53rd Chiropractic NYC
Performed acupuncture and massage on patients in a Chiropractor’s office.
- 2003-2004 Equinox Spa NYC
Acted as head acupuncturist and Asian massage therapist for one of the largest spas in NYC.
2000-2003 Village Healthcare Bronx, NY
Administer acupuncture, Massage and exercise therapy to patients in a multi-treatment facility.
1998-1999 Director/Team Leader Americorps Poughkeepsie, NY
Constructed and taught the national curriculum for youth education programs, and served as supervisor for the Youth Resource Development Corporation as designated by the curriculum.
More than 8 years of teaching experience in English, Natural Science, Nutrition, Physical Education, Anatomy and Physiology, Surveying, Chinese Medicine and Massage. Dr. Avi is proficient and skilled at teaching Western and Eastern exercise and nutrition, spending many years teaching in China.
PUBLICATIONS BY DR. AVI GINSBERG
- A Brief Introduction to Chinese Medicine for Medical Practitioners- People’s Medical Publishing House, Beijing China. Editor-English Writer
- Bamboo Slip- Chinese Medicine quarterly- Article on the Use of the Xu Li for the treatment of respiratory and digestive disorders.
Click to Request an Appointment with Avi.
Hatch Chiropractic Office is located at 19767 Pikes Peak Avenue, Parker, CO 80138